Wednesday, June 6, 2007

CouchSurfing


Most of you share this passion of mine for traveling that maybe was even the reason why we ever first met!!

Glauco (refered in this blog previously), my Italian friend, introduced me to an amazing web page you might all love to hear about. It’s called CouchSurfing and it’s a free international Internet-based
hospitality service. According to Wikipedia, as of April 2007, it had more than 208,000 members in 216 countries and territories.
Members use the website to coordinate accommodations. It features extensive profiles, and uses an optional credit card verification system, a personal vouching system, and personal references to increase security and trust. There are many other features on the site, such as interest discussion groups, meeting functionality, live chat and more.
CouchSurfing is a Not-for-Profit corporation and membership is free and is obtained simply by registering on the website!!
Isn’t it fascinating!?? I already introduced my profile (see if you can find me, hehe!!) and was surfing for a while in the hope to find couchs in those wonderful places I’ve always wanted to go …
On that sense, I have some breaking news coming soon .. but I don’t want to break the spell until it’s all tied and definitive.
You’ll be hearing about it soon enough, in the meantime: Have fun surfing couchs!!

No comments: